We released some enhancements this morning that help you manage the Continuing Education credits earned when your courses are taken. If you provide completion certificates when users successfully complete your courses, the credits earned are listed on the certificates.
This morning’s enhancements allow you to define the credit types that are available and to assign credits against your courses. Here’s a quick overview of how to use the new functionality:
Define Continuing Education credit types
- Enable ‘Continuing Education Credits’ functionality for your organization from the Settings page.
- With the functionality turned on, you’ll see a new ‘Credit Types’ menu for the Configuration tab. This page shows you all the Continuing Education credit types that are available for an organization.
You can add new types and, if you have more than one defined, you can drag to set the order that they are displayed in.
Assign credits to your courses
- To assign credits to one of your courses, go to the course summary page and click the ‘Edit’ link.
- Switch to the ‘Credits and Certificate’ page.
- Assign values to one or more of the listed credit types and click the ‘Save Changes’ button.
It’s as simple as that. You’ll now see the credits listed on the course summary page. If completion certificate access is enabled, the certificates will include information about the credits earned.
We’ve got some more enhancements planned to expose more information about the Continuing Education credit earned by users in reports, so stay tuned.